If you can't find the answer to your question on our Apply page, our Admissions FAQs may help.
- I have already applied, where can I find out what happens next?
- How can I get a prospectus?
- Do you have any open days?
- When do courses start at UAL?
- Are there still places available on my chosen course for this year?
- Which course should I apply to?
- Can I apply to more than one course at UAL?
- Will my application be affected if I take a gap year?
- What career can I pursue after a particular course?
- I am not sure if I am Home, EU or International for the purpose of fees. How can I check?
- Will you accept my qualifications and if so do I meet the entry requirements?
- I have received an offer which states it is conditional upon IELTS. I believe I am exempt - what do I do?
- When is the deadline to apply?
- Where do I find more information about a course?
- I would like more information about Portfolio requirements.
- Who should I contact if I need more information about a course?
- Who can I contact if my question has not been answered here?
We have a dedicated page for students who have already applied.
Our Guide 2017/18 can be downloaded from the Study at UAL section of our website.
We hold open days at different times throughout the year. For further information visit our open days page. You may also find our virtual tours helpful. Virtual tours can be found under the facilities section for each of our colleges.
Most of our courses start in September, but some of our postgraduate courses start in January or February. Visit the course page to find out exact start dates for a course.
You can find a list of our available undergraduate courses online. For other courses we recommend that you contact the college directly to check. Visit our contact UAL page for college contact details.
This is your decision, but to help you decide we recommend that you research courses that you are interested in and read through the content, structure and career information available on our course pages, which may help.
- Students applying to our Foundation Diploma in Art and Design courses can only apply to one college at UAL.
- Students applying to our other further education (FE) courses can apply to multiple courses.
- You can apply to FE and Undergraduate courses at the same time.
- Undergraduate students can apply to 5 different courses at UAL through UCAS.
- You can apply to any number of postgraduate courses.
UAL understands that sometimes people choose to take gap years. You will not be penalised for doing so, however you will still need to make sure that you meet the entry requirements for the course you are applying to.
If you wish to defer entry, you should inform UAL of this as soon as possible.
Further information may be found on our Careers and Employability page.
Due to the number of enquiries we receive, we only carry out fee assessments to ascertain your fee status once we have received a full application from you. If you wish to find our more information prior to application about your likely fee status, please visit the UKCISA website.
You can find course entry requirements on each course page.
If your qualification is not listed, you can visit the NARIC website for more information on how your qualification might be equivalent to one from the UK. UCAS applicants can also find a list of international qualifications and their UK equivalent on the UCAS website. Alternatively, you can contact the Student Administration team at your college.
If you are uncertain whether you meet the application criteria, we recommend you submit an application. We will be able to assess your qualifications in detail in conjunction with your application.
More information on IELTS and when you are required to take it can be found on our Language Requirements page. Note that if you already hold an IELTS, it must be dated 2 years or less from the date you enrol.
Application deadlines vary. We therefore recommend you check the applicable course page for this information.
You can find more information about your course, including information such as hours in the Programme Specification PDF, available on the course page. This document is usually located in the sidebar next to the Course Units section.
You can find out more about portfolios on our dedicated Portfolio Preparation page.
If you can’t find the information you need on our website you can contact our College enquiry teams. Details can be found on our contact UAL page.
If your question has not been answered you should contact the relevant Admissions Team. Contact details will be provided in the email correspondence you receive from UAL.