Fashion Illustration (Online Short Course)
This online course will develop your ideas and creative skills through the medium of fashion illustration. You'll study different methods of drawing and recording work in the context of fashion, and learn conventional and new media techniques.The idea is to find your own visual language and unlock your creativity through drawing, from concept to completion...
Taught by: Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald.
This online course will develop your ideas and creative skills through the medium of fashion illustration. You'll study different methods of drawing and recording work in the context of fashion, and learn conventional and new media techniques.
The idea is to find your own visual language and unlock your creativity through drawing, from concept to completion. This fashion illustration course is ideal for beginners as well as more experienced students.
- Creating a fashion illustration - where to start
- Different approaches to illustrating fashion
- Developing your visual vocabulary
- Exploring media and techniques
- Interpreting concepts and ideas
- Importance of keeping a sketchbook
- How to develop your personal drawing style
- Personal colour palette - exploring colour
- Understanding the role and importance of fashion illustration
"Ana is a wonderful teacher - the best! It's hard to be how much I have been able to learn in a short time. She has given us so many good references and guidelines, encouraging us to break our barriers. I would not hesitate to recommend the course and Ana anytime. A very valuable and enjoyable experience!!"
- Crisitina, former student
"Ana was amazing! So talented and patient and humble. I didnt have any drawing background at all but she was very helpful!"
- Bina, former student
By the end of this course you will have;
- Developed your personal drawing style and visual vocabulary
- Learnt new techniques to create beautiful illustration effects
- Developed an understanding of the importance of fashion illustration to the wider fashion world
- Created a range of drawings and designs that can be used to contribute to a fashion illustration portfolio
- Learnt to evaluate and improve your initial designs
- Received personal feedback on your work from the tutor
Who is Fashion Illustration (Online) for
This course will equip you with new techniques to make stunning fashion illustrations, and will be incredibly valuable to anyone looking to develop their skills and create a range of fashion illustrations, regardless of your experience level.
Level: All levels welcome
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald has been teaching on a variety of drawing courses at London College of Fashion since 2003. Originally, she studied drawing, painting, print-making and sculpture in the Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Arts in Belgrade, specialising in painting. She is a member of the Association of Illustrators and has had freelance commissions published online, in magazines, books, as advertisements and in corporate literature.
Ana is currently teaching on a number of drawing, illustration and visual communication courses on different programmes at LCF and Nottingham Trent University. Ana has pioneered the delivery of practical fashion drawing and illustration courses via an online medium at LCF as well as teaching face-to-face courses.
Ana is passionate about the craft of drawing and teaching drawing and she has a vast knowledge and expertise in utilising & experimenting with various media including charcoal, ink, watercolours, collage, markers, pastels, acrylics, oils, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Lectra Kaledo Style and various iPad applications.
Ana's work was selected for the 'Best of British Illustration' in 2001 and exhibited at numerous venues abroad and in the UK including Royal College of Art.
Over the years, Ana has devised and delivered combination of analogue and digital Fashion Drawing and Illustration workshops for various institutions, including several workshops for Victoria and Albert Museum (Art of Adornment for Balenciaga: Shaping Fashion Exhibition, Shoe Design and Drawing for Shoes: Pleasure and Pain Exhibition, Illustrating Garments in V &A Fashion Galleries), Design Museum (part of Drawing Fashion Exhibition), Fashion Space Gallery (Drawing from Fashion Film), Royal Collection (Fashioning a Reign Exhibition), Clerkenwell Design Week and numerous charities.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions