Fashion Design (Online Short Course)
This practical fashion design course is an introduction to the world of fashion design. This course offers a full overview of the fashion design process and will help you understand how successful designers operate.On this online course you will explore the inner workings of the fashion designer's world, and learn how to research your fashion ideas and then produce your own original design work...
Taught by: Tina Sutradhar.
This practical fashion design course is an introduction to the world of fashion design. This course offers a full overview of the fashion design process and will help you understand how successful designers operate.
On this online course you will explore the inner workings of the fashion designer's world, and learn how to research your fashion ideas and then produce your own original design work. You will learn how to produce mood boards and then work towards drawing up your finished capsule collection.
- An overview of well known fashion designers' work
- Illustrating a unique fashion template
- Rendering different fabrics and fashion styles
- Learning the full research and design process
- Creating style / look books and inspiration / mood boards
- Colour, fabric, and textile print fashion predictions
- Fabric and colour combinations for capsule collections
- Sketching design details and fusing design ideas
- The process of fashion design drawings to catwalk - An overview
- The process of fashion design from the catwalk to the stores/customer - An overview
"Great experience for my first fashion course and it has definitely inspired me to do much more with my fashion work and keep learning! Thanks to Tina and the whole class"
- Sandra, former student
"Tina has in-depth knowledge about the fashion design. She followed a well defined course structure which really helped me, starting with the basics, then progressed towards more advanced topics. I highly recommend!"
-Bobby, former student
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed effective ways to research trends and inspiration
- Presented you initial ideas in moodboards and style books
- Learnt techniques to create stunning finished fashion designs
- Learnt to render textures and materials
- Touched upon fashion trend predictions and how to incorporate them into your designs
- Completed a fashion design capsule collection
- Gained an insight into how fashion designs become finished collections for the catwalk
- Received personal feedback on your assignments from your tutor
Who is Introduction to Fashion Design (Online) for
This course will provide the foundation for your fashion design journey - it will be an excellent way to prepare for further study and gain a valuable insight into this exciting career. You will also have the opportunity to complete work to contribute to a fashion design portfolio. No prior experience is necessary.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over.
Why choose an LCF Online Short Course?
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience London College of Fashion wherever you are in the world. The real-time chat sessions are fully interactive allowing you to communicate easily with the tutor at the same time as fellow students. Additionally all LCF Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- LCF Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- A4 plain paper
- A4 card (multi colours)
- Glue stick
- Colour materials such as pro-markers, wax crayons, coloured pencils
Guidance will be provided during the first class on additional items to buy.