Pre-Foundation for Fashion - Dubai (16-19 Year Olds)
Your portfolio is the ticket to your future, so it needs to be right. It must demonstrate your strengths, skills and knowledge, so you can quickly and easily ‘sell’ yourself to your client or college. We'll show you how to develop, refine and strengthen the visual impact of your work, and make sure your portfolio does you justice...
Taught by: Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald.
Your portfolio is the ticket to your future, so it needs to be right. It must demonstrate your strengths, skills and knowledge, so you can quickly and easily ‘sell’ yourself to your client or college. We'll show you how to develop, refine and strengthen the visual impact of your work, and make sure your portfolio does you justice.
The course will include:
- A review of your current portfolio (if you have one) - from drawings to garment photos or any existing fashion projects
- Presentation development project relevant to your specialism
- Portfolio layout style and formats
- Use of mixed media, and how to broaden the scope of your portfolio
- Storytelling - development of a visual ‘story’ to improve the impact of your work
Beginners/intermediate. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required. Students with no previous experience will be given a project to complete during the class. Students with previous experience should bring all their existing work to be reviewed on the first day of the course.
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
Dates, fees & booking:
- Click 'Add to Basket' and enter your details to register as a new user.
- If you have previously registered with us, please enter your log in details
- If you have a discount code, please enter it at 'Click here to add a discount/voucher code'
- If you do not have a discount code, click 'Next' and click 'Add to shopping basket' and then either select 'Continue Shopping' to add more courses or 'Checkout' to pay
- Enter your Credit or Debit card details
- Once your booking has been completed you'll receive an email confirming your place on the course
- Please note, course fees are for tuition only. Students are responsible for arranging their own flights to and accommodation in Dubai during their studies.
Visa & immigration:
Please ensure you obtain the correct visa if required for entry into the UAE. If we send you an email telling you to present your passport to us, please ignore this email as it does not apply to you. If you require assistance with your booking or have any questions please email our Customer Service Team for further information.
Ana Stankovic-Fitzgerald has been teaching on a variety of drawing courses at London College of Fashion since 2003. Originally, she studied drawing, painting, print-making and sculpture in the Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Arts in Belgrade, specialising in painting. She is a member of the Association of Illustrators and has had freelance commissions published online, in magazines, books, as advertisements and in corporate literature.
Ana is currently teaching on a number of drawing, illustration and visual communication courses on different programmes at LCF and Nottingham Trent University. Ana has pioneered the delivery of practical fashion drawing and illustration courses via an online medium at LCF as well as teaching face-to-face courses.
Ana is passionate about the craft of drawing and teaching drawing and she has a vast knowledge and expertise in utilising & experimenting with various media including charcoal, ink, watercolours, collage, markers, pastels, acrylics, oils, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Lectra Kaledo Style and various iPad applications.
Ana's work was selected for the 'Best of British Illustration' in 2001 and exhibited at numerous venues abroad and in the UK including Royal College of Art.
Over the years, Ana has devised and delivered combination of analogue and digital Fashion Drawing and Illustration workshops for various institutions, including several workshops for Victoria and Albert Museum (Art of Adornment for Balenciaga: Shaping Fashion Exhibition, Shoe Design and Drawing for Shoes: Pleasure and Pain Exhibition, Illustrating Garments in V &A Fashion Galleries), Design Museum (part of Drawing Fashion Exhibition), Fashion Space Gallery (Drawing from Fashion Film), Royal Collection (Fashioning a Reign Exhibition), Clerkenwell Design Week and numerous charities.
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
- An A3 portfolio with clear sleeves. WH Smith's or Book World at Dubai Mall should stock them.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.