Understanding Inclusive Attainment
There is a growing body of research that can help you understand attainment differentials in the higher education sector and at UAL.
A summary of key data and initiatives can be found in the latest UAL Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Report 2016.
More detailed UAL research and initiatives can be found on:
- Religion, belief and faith identities in learning and teaching, by Prof. Reina Lewis
- Retain, Achieve, Succeed research, led by Dr Kate Hatton
- Shades of Noir, founded and directed by Aisha Richards
- Student Experience and Identity, by Dr Duna Sabri (available to UAL staff only)
- Tell Us About It project, by Terry Finnigan
Additional UAL research on inclusive attainment can be found on Research Online.
The following resources are helpful for understanding the issue of differential attainment in the higher education sector:
- Aiming Higher: Race, Inequality and Diversity in the Academy, Alexander, A. and Arday, J. (ed.) (2015)
- Retention and attainment in the disciplines: Art and Design, Finnigan, T. and Richards, A. (2016)
- Causes of differences in student outcomes, Mountford-Zimdars et al. (2015)